Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The HOG is landed II





So if your reading this I can only assume that your hoping to see a runway with bacon in full taxi mode. Now that I think about it I would definitely post pictures of that nature if I had them however I do not. What you instead find before you is the culmination of thirteen years of rumination regarding the desire to own an American legend. I'm not a motorcycle guy I'm a Harley guy. For me motorcycles began to exist when I was introduced to HD. Roaring about on two wheels is not something I gravitated to by nature as I am very timid and like to be kept safe and sound at all times. OOPS did that slip out?! At any rate I have harbored an intent to own an American big twin since I first got aquainted with them in college. Alas events transpired to keep me from paying much attention until recently when Mrs. Dan'l and I moved to Stanwood. Here there are roads that wind around lakes, through tulip fields and over mountains all just waiting for a rider to discover. There's also a next door neighbor who rolls his Road King out on sunny days and motors off into the distance looking very pleased with things in general. This has been a source of much consternation as the closest thing I had to roll out on a nice sunny day was my 20hp Craftsman mower. NO LONGER shall I endure this torture! Besides it was a great deal...

For those who care tech follows:
2001 Harley Davidson FXDWG (Dyna Wide Glide)
88" twin cam (1450cc) V Twin
five speed HD trans
jet kit
Vance Hines pipes

Immiediate plans call for crash bars, saddle bags and a detachable windshield as well as the gear for Mrs Dan'l and I so we can safely enjoy our time in the saddle.


Advanced plans call for a new Mikuni carb as I have already grown tired of the popping on deceleration. So if you hear the unmistakable rumble of a big twin in your drive not to worry! It's just me (or maybe Ron Snow).

2 comments:

Shaun and Emily said...

nice site! welcome to the blogging world...my roomie and i managed to nail about 200 gophers a month ago! glad to see you are still sniffing cordite. i linked you up off my site..

shaundurkee.blogspot.com

Dan'l said...

Thanks, it's a work in progress, slow progress! Good work on the gophers! Your linked up on mine as well as the family one (dannjeanne)